At Viewtech Digital Ltd, we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our visitors to our web site. Furthermore, we want you to know that Viewtech Digital Ltd does not sell, rent or trade email lists or customer address details with other companies, individuals and businesses for marketing purposes.
What information do we collect?
We only collect information from you when you place an order, fill out a form or contact us. In these cases you voluntarily provide us with your information. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, address, e-mail address, phone number and order requirements. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
However from 29.03.18 if you register for our newsletter then we will only collect and store details of the e-mail address you provide.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To send periodic emails but ONLY if you have opted in for our newsletter. Otherwise the email address you provide for order processing, will ONLY be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your specific order. If you subscribe to our newsletter then you can unsubscribe at any time.
- To contact you by email, phone or post about a purchase, potential purchase or after sales support.
- To contact you by email, phone or post in response to an enquiry.
- To send periodic newsletters and/ or support letters by postal means. We will only contact you based upon legitimate interest, (as we have done in the past) where an item involves a subscription that is about to expire, has expired or a matter that requires after sales support. If you have received a postal newsletter relating to a subscription based product and wish to opt out then please either email your request to email@example.com, write to us at our postal address, telephone or text us.
As part of the registration process for our e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied.
When you place an order there is a tick box that gives you the option to subscribe to our newsletter. It is unticked and reads ‘Please sign me up for the newsletter! I can opt out anytime!’ If you leave this box unticked you will not be subscribed to our newsletter. However if you tick it then you may receive our period newsletters until you chose to unsubscribe.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our email newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice here. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we protect your information?
When someone visits www.viewtech.tv we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
As detailed above we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold and we will respond within a month. Email your request to email@example.com.
This policy was last modified on 28.08.2018